Scoring big always fascinated me: Pujara

09:20

Cheteshwar Pujara believes the runs he scored in Duleep Trophy will maintain him in right stead for the check collection towards New Zealand, which starts offevolved on Thursday (September 22). The Saurashtra batsman is known for his large loads and he didn't disappoint when he turned up for India Blue in the just-concluded Duleep Trophy. Pujara notched up rankings of 166, 31 and 256 no longer out within the 3 innings he performed - the ultimate one coming inside the very last against India pink, which helped his aspect secure a 355-run win and the title. "I constantly had the dependancy of scoring massive runs proper from my beneath-14 days. I endured that addiction in my underneath-19 game after which displayed the equal in Ranji Trophy as well scoring triple centuries. once I begin scoring big runs, i get my natural recreation returned and i am more confident. i've an progressed concentration, i am extra focussed and that i see the ball higher. I experience once I rating massive runs or attain a two hundred-run-mark, i've a distinctive feeling. Scoring runs and scoring massive has constantly fascinated me seeing that early life," Pujara advised BCCI.television on Monday (September 19). whilst Pujara scored the double century in Duleep Trophy final, it was his 10th in great cricket. Pujara equalled Vijay Hazare, Sunil Gavaskar and Rahul Dravid's record for maximum two hundred-plus ratings. only Vijay service provider has more - eleven. but, it has been eleven innings considering that Pujara scored a ton in test cricket. he is scored only one fifty in the course of this period and was dropped for the very last test against the West Indies. "i am constantly high quality. I always believed that i was batting well though I didnt rating massive runs. I spoke to Rahul Dravid and he instructed me that there wasnt any technical flaw. He told me it changed into pretty much converting the intellectual thing of my recreation. the instant I commenced wondering positively, I instructed myself that it became just a rely of time before I performed a large innings and matters would get back on target," he said. the brand new Zealand collection will provide a clean start to Pujara and the batsman is asking forward to some stiff challenges on the top of the order, particularly from KL Rahul, who has hit a pink patch. "There must be some opposition within the team to attain better requirements. we are elevating the bar all of the time. "KL Rahul is a very good batsman and a dear friend of mine. I sense as a cricketer, you should always want properly in your teammates. I consider if other gamers are succeeding, you may pass and speak to them and proportion your revel in and on the equal time learn from them," opined Pujara. One element which Pujara is cautious of is resting on past laurels. though he has achieved nicely against New Zealand in the past, the 28-12 months-antique feels that the beyond stays in the past and the prevailing holds the key for the destiny. "every now and then, you can tell yourself that you have finished nicely against a selected opposition within the past, but cricket is ready being within the present. i would nevertheless have a look at the series as a sparkling begin and a brand new take a look at fit against New Zealand. I know I scored a century in opposition to them, however that became manner back in 2012. You cant take that self belief in this check match. i'd instead go to the nets and equipment up for the primary check," he mentioned. Pujara also stated how comparable MS Dhoni and Virat Kohli are in their management roles. "One factor this is common between MS Dhoni and Virat Kohli as captains is that at the end of the day they want the group to win. The dressing room below both captains has a superb environment. i've enjoyed playing below Mahi bhai and for the time being playing my time playing below Virats captaincy. Virat is very truthful. He leads through example. He units the bar high for all the different gamers to follow. The crew looks as much as him and there might be individuals announcing - I need to achieve this landmark."

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Navigation-Menus (Do Not Edit Here!)

Subscribe